Professional practie section
About Scandinavian Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
Aim and Scope
The purpose of the Scandinavian Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology is to collect and disseminate knowledge and experiences between researchers, practitioners, athletes, coaches and others with interest for sport psychology. It is an open access journal published yearly by the Danish Sport Psychological Forum and aims to publish high quality articles within sport and exercise psychology through two sections: a) a research section and b) an applied practice section.
- Peter Elsborg, PhD, Postdoc, Steno Diabetes Center, Denmark.
- Johan M. Wikman, PhD, Assistant Professor, Halmstad University, Sweden.
- Anne-Marie Elbe, PhD, Professor, University of Leipzig, Germany.
- Kristoffer Henriksen, PhD, Associated Professor, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
- Carsten Hvid Larsen, PhD, Assistant Professor, Denmark.
- Niels Rossing, Teaching Associate Professor, University of Aalborg, Denmark.
- Knud Ryom, PhD, Postdoc, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Reinhard Stelter, PhD, Professor, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Xavier Sanchez, PhD, assistant professor, University of Halmstad.
Inareuctions for authors
Manuscripts should be prepared in British English, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish. Length should not exceed 35.000 letters including spaces and references, and may include tables, figures and pictures. Submissions will undergo a double-blinded review process by two reviewers, and review comments will be available online upon publication of the manuscript to ensure a transparent review process. A manuscript should be submitted for either the research or the practice section by the author.
A manuscript submitted to the research section should attempt to disseminate sound research in sport and exercise psychology in a way so that readers can replicate the study if necessary. The manuscript should include, but is not limited to; abstract, introduction, methods, results and discussion sections.
A manuscript submitted to the applied practice section should attempt to disseminate deliberations and experiences on sport and exercise psychology in practice. Submissions to this section will not be evaluated as a scientific manuscript, but as thorough and informed reflections on practice. It is expected that; background, context and knowledge informing the practice is well described in applied papers. The manuscript should include, but is not limited to; abstract, introduction, theoretical background, practice description and discussion sections.
All manuscripts should be submitted as a MS Word document (.doc or .docx) and prepared with
- Corresponding author information
- An abstract (100-200 words)
- 3-5 keywords
- Double line spacing (except for tables).
- Times New Roman, size 12.
- Page numbers, with title page as no. 1.
- Line numbers, starting with 1 on each page.
- Heading levels:
- Centered, boldface, uppercase and lowercase heading.
- Flush left, boldface, uppercase and lowercase heading.
- Indented, boldface, lowercase paragraph ending with a period.
- Indented, boldface, italicized, lowercase paragraph ending with a period.
- Indented, italicized, lowercase paragraph ending with a period.
- First sentence in each paragraph indented.
- References in text:
- One author: Name (year) or (Name, year).
- Two authors: Name and Name (year) or (Name & Name, year).
- Three, four or five authors: Name, Name, and Name, (year) or (Name, Name, & Name, year). Subsequent citations after the first are Name et al. (year) or (Name et al., year)
- Six authors or more: Name et al. (year) or (Name et al., year).
- Authors in reference list:
- One author: Name, N. N.
- Two authors: Name, N. N. & Name, N. N.
- Three authors or more: Name, N. N., Name, N. N., & Name N. N.
- References in reference list:
- Journal article: Author names (year). Title of article in lowercase. Title of journal in uppercase and lowercase as well as in italic, issue number in italic, page numbers.
- Book: Author names (year). Title of book in lowercase and italic. Location: Publisher.
- Book chapter: Author names (year). Title of chapter in lowercase. In N. N. Name (Ed.), Title of book in lowercase and italic (pp. page numbers). Location: Publisher.
- Author bio (50-100 words).
- Author photo (jpeg-file, min. 300dpi).
For further guidelines for manuscript preparation and referencing, please consult the Publication Manual for the American Psychological Association, 6th edition.
Manuscripts are expected to report any funding in their research and if ethical concerns are considered.