Instructions for authors
Manuscripts should be prepared in British English, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish. Length should not exceed 35.000 letters including spaces and references, and may include tables, figures and pictures. Submissions will undergo a double-blinded review process, and review comments will be available online upon publication of the manuscript to ensure a transparent review process. A manuscript should be submitted for either the research or the practice section by the author.
The author should submit the following documents: 1) Cover letter, 2) Manuscript without author information, 3) Figures, if any, in separate files, 4) Tables, if any, in separate files. All files should adhere to Publication Manual of the American Publication Association, 7th Edition (APA guidelines).
The cover letter should include the following information: (1) the title of the manuscript, (2) the date of submission, (3) the full names of all the authors and their institutional or corporate affiliations, (4) if any, suggestions for and contact info of possible reviewers of the manuscript, and (5) if any, notifications of possible reviewers that the author would not recommend (include reason why). In addition to this essential information, the cover letter should include clear statements pertaining to potential fragmented publication, authorship, and other ethical considerations
A manuscript submitted should attempt to disseminate sound research in sport and exercise psychology in a way so that readers can replicate the study if necessary. The manuscript should include, but is not limited to; abstract, introduction, methods, results and discussion sections.
All manuscripts should be submitted as a MS Word document (.doc or .docx) and prepared with
- Corresponding author information
- An abstract (100-200 words)
- 3-5 keywords
- Double line spacing (except for tables).
- Times New Roman, size 12.
- Page numbers, with title page as no. 1.
- Line numbers, starting with 1 on each page.
- Heading levels:
- Centered, boldface, uppercase and lowercase heading.
- Flush left, boldface, uppercase and lowercase heading.
- Indented, boldface, lowercase paragraph ending with a period.
- Indented, boldface, italicized, lowercase paragraph ending with a period.
- Indented, italicized, lowercase paragraph ending with a period.
- First sentence in each paragraph indented.
- References in text:
- One author: Name (year) or (Name, year).
- Two authors: Name and Name (year) or (Name & Name, year).
- Three, four or five authors: Name, Name, and Name, (year) or (Name, Name, & Name, year). Subsequent citations after the first are Name et al. (year) or (Name et al., year)
- Six authors or more: Name et al. (year) or (Name et al., year).
- Authors in reference list:
- One author: Name, N. N.
- Two authors: Name, N. N. & Name, N. N.
- Three authors or more: Name, N. N., Name, N. N., & Name N. N.
- References in reference list:
- Journal article: Author names (year). Title of article in lowercase. Title of journal in uppercase and lowercase as well as in italic, issue number in italic, page numbers.
- Book: Author names (year). Title of book in lowercase and italic. Location: Publisher.
- Book chapter: Author names (year). Title of chapter in lowercase. In N. N. Name (Ed.), Title of book in lowercase and italic (pp. page numbers). Location: Publisher.
- Author bio (50-100 words).
- Author photo (jpeg-file, min. 300dpi).
For further guidelines for manuscript preparation and referencing, please consult the Publication Manual for the American Psychological Association, 7th edition.
Manuscripts are expected to report any funding in their research and if ethical concerns are considered.
The names and addresses entered on this journal's website will be used solely for the journal's stated purposes and will not be made available for other purposes or to other parties.