Information For Authors
Before you are able to submit as an author, registration is required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions. To create a usename and password please click go to registration. If you already have a username and password, make sure to login here.
Before submitting your article or book review, make sure to familiarize yourslef with the guidelines. Scroll down for information on articles, book reviews, document styles and submitting. We also suggest you read the reviewer guidelines in order to gain an idea of what reviewers have been asked to consider when evaluating your submission.
*** IMPORTANT: INFORMATION ON PLAGIARISM ***
As standard procedure, Brasiliana carries out checks on all submissions for both plagiarism and self-plagiarism. If a submitted article is shown to have plagiarised, the submission will be immediately declined. Under certain circumstances, Brasiliana will accept articles previously published on other platforms, however, this must be disclaimed before submission, and a reference will have to be made as a footnote in the published article. The same procedure will be applied to articles that have been translated from a previously published text.
If an article is found to have plagiarized after its publication, it will be immediately removed from the platform and the author(s) will be notified and removed from the list of contributors to the journal.
Brasiliana does not take any legal responsibility for plagiarism.
- PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THE DOCUMENT. This is to ensure that the peer-review remains blind and fair.
- Article length should be 6000-8000 words, including endnotes, headings, plus a 150 word abstract.
- Language: English, Danish, Portuguese or Spanish
- The article should be submitted as a Microsoft Word or RTF-formatted file. Do not perform any formatting other than italics (rather than underlining) and bullet style lists; only section headings, no sub-section headings. For more information please see the style guide below.
- Notes should be indicated by superscript numbers and presented as footnotes.
- Diagrams and other graphics should be submitted as separate files.
- Please make sure you have the right to publish illustrations, if any.
Please click here for book review information.
Brasiliana also receives submissions for publication under the category of 'vária'. This category accepts non-academic articles and other items such as original literature or poetry, interviews with people of interest, and reports. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Brasiliana uses a standardized document layout when publishing, which can be viewed below, or downloaded to use as a template. Where possible, we ask that you keep in mind the following style when writing your article, so as to facilitate the editing and publishing proccess.
- The main body of text will use Palatino Linotype, Size 12, black
- Titles and subtitles should be bold
- References and endnotes will use Times New Roman, size 10, black
Paragraphs and Spacing
- The main text should use 1.5 spacing
- The bibliography does not need any special spacing
- New paragraphs should generally use an indent of 1.25cm
- Paragraphs following long quotes do not need an indent
- Subtitles or subheadings should be separated by a space before and after
- Longer quotes are separated by a space both before and after
- They should use a left indent of 3cm, and on the right be aligned
For a downloadable template, click here.
- Once you have written your submission due to the author or book reviewer guidelines, please follow the following five steps to submit your work.
- Before submitting, you must login and on your user home and select 'new submission'
Step 1 - Start
Here you will select the section of the journal you would like to upload to (dossier, general article, or book review) and read the submissions checklist and copyright notice. In this step you will also have the option to leave a note for the editor.
Step 2 - Upload the submission
Here you will upload the file you wish to submit
Step 3 - Enter Metadata
This section will allow you to check your information as an author, add a title and abstract, indicate the language, and indicate any contributors or supporting agencies of your article.
Step 4 - Upload Supplementary Files
Here you can upload complimentary documents such as research instruments, data sets, sources that otherwise would be unavailable to readers, and figures and tables that cannot be integrated into the text itself.
Step 5 - Confirmation