Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal, including that references adhere to APA guidelines and DOI is included where relevant.
- Please also see the Torture Journal Author formal style checklist and ensure the article complies with these formal requirements. You may want to go through this systematically once the article has been through the peer-review process. Please stipulate this when you submit the article.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- For observational research designs, the Torture Journal encourages readers to align their designs to STROBE guidelines. Please familiarise yourselves with the checklists in the link provided before submitting the paper: https://www.strobe-statement.org/index.php?id=available-checklists
Authors will be asked to sign a transfer of copyright agreement, which recognises the common interest that both journal and author(s) have in the protection of copyright. We accept that some authors (e.g. government employees in some countries) are unable to transfer copyright. The copyright covers both the Torture Journal and the IRCT web site. The publisher will not put any limitation on the personal freedom of the author to use material contained in the paper in other works which may be published, provided that acknowledgement is made to the original place of publication.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and informing readers of associated IRCT and research/scientific initiatives considered on interest to readers of and contributors to the journal. They will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.