Deadline: Papers must be submitted by August 20, 2019
This special issue of Conjunctions addresses new and historical forms of feminism, everyday activism and social movements dealing with gender related issues and struggles around the world. We invite contributions that explore the protest repertoires, imaginations and practices of movements that fight for political, social, cultural, juridical or economic rights, as well as theoretical contributions that explores theories of feminism, gender, gender theory, queer theory and gender activism. Furthermore, we welcome contributions that analyse examples of everyday activism, popular culture and cultural resistance.
We invite empirical, theoretical and activist contributions from across disciplines, and especially welcome articles that explores the interconnections between ethnicity, class and gender and/or the relationship feminism, Marxism, post-colonialism, socialism and anarchism.
Topics may include, but need not be confined to, the following:
- The protest repertoire of gender activism
- Mediated gender activism and online feminism
- Intersectionality and the critique of ‘white feminism’
- Cultural resistance and gender in popular culture
- Social movements and gender
- Sex industry and human rights activism
- Everyday discrimination
- Pink capitalism
- Transnational feminism
- Politics of care, domesticity and reproduction
Any questions relating this special issue can be send to Louise Fabian at email@example.com